Kensington-Bellwoods Community Legal Services is a non-profit corporation. It is run by a volunteer Board of Directors which consists of community members who live, work or have a substantial attachment to the catchment area served by the clinic.
Responsibilities of a Board Member:
- Serve in a volunteer capacity without remuneration or profit.
- Be actively involved on one or more Board committees in addition to attending monthly Board meetings (approximately 3-6 hours per month).
- Have a commitment to and understand of the purpose, policies and programs of the Clinic.
- Be aware of changing community trends and client needs. Represent the clinic in the community.
- Work cooperatively within a group.
Becoming A Board Member:
We welcome those with financial skills, collective agreement/labour negotiation experience, community organizing skills and those who are involved in and/or interested in social justice. Nomination of candidates to serve as members of the Board can be made at the Annual General Meeting. Candidates must be members in good standing, at least 5 clear days before the date of the election. Written nominations can be handed in before the start of the meeting and must indicate that the nominee consents to stand. If you are interested in becoming a candidate for our Board of Directors, please contact Clinic Co-ordinator, Wendy Atkinson, at 416-924-4244 or email email@example.com